Apartments vs houses – An urban lifestyle nowadays demands a practical living, especially the one that is near to workplace. In order to purchase a house near office areas, of course, a large amount of money is needed. It is because the location of the house must be strategic. Moreover, with the land availability which is increasingly limited today. However, this situation is utilized by property developers by building apartments as a residence. So, which one is better to buy or start as a business?
Pros of Having An Apartment
- The location of most apartments is reachable because it is strategic and near work areas. An apartment is very suitable for you who have high mobility. Usually, most apartments are located in strategic places in urban areas. So that in the term of access, it will be quicker and easier to reach essential places such as a hospital, shopping center, airport, and many more. If you target dynamic people, an apartment selling business will be more suitable.
- The facilities provided in an apartment is more complete and fancier. Generally, an apartment offers fancy and complete facilities as its main attraction. Even the standard facilities given by the apartment developers can be said fancy. Such as a swimming pool, playground, tennis court, gym, and many other facilities. Make sure you have these facilities when you decide to start this business.
- An apartment indeed gives a practical lifestyle solution to the buyers. It is because all facilities related to cleanliness and building maintenance are the responsibility of the apartment managers. The apartment owners only need to pay the service charge. However, you have to know that the service charge is not included in the apartment price that you must pay.
- Having an apartment will increase your prestige. The advertisements in the media implicitly tell that having an apartment is a symbol of success, financial independence, and high social status. Looking at the facilities and location offered in an apartment, this perception cannot be blamed, anyway.
Pros of Having A House
- Buying a house means buying a land too. By purchasing a house, you will have land to make an attractive spatial. Such as a garden, lounge, kids’ playroom, and many more. Moreover, you are also able to change the shape as you wish. You will not be able to do this if you prefer to purchase an apartment because space is limited and the land is shared with other apartment owners.
- If you decide to buy a house, you will feel more comfortable because you have 2 legalities. You, as the homeowner, will be more secure because you have 2 ownership, which are the house and the land in the form of legal certificates.
- A house is easier to get sold in the market than an apartment. It is because there are still a lot of people who prefer to live in a house. So, if you want to start a business property, selling houses will probably be more beneficial than apartments.
Whether it is a house or apartment, you will live there for a long time. No matter what you choose, you must carefully think about your needs and long-term goals that you want to reach before you decide to purchase either apartments vs houses.